We care deeply about the privacy of our website visitors, and are committed to protecting it. This policy explains how we collect, use, and safeguard your information.
- Collection of personal information
- The following personal information may be collected, stored and used: Information about your computer including your Internet Protocol address, geographic location, browser type and version, and operating system.
- Information about your visits to and use of this website including the referral source, length of visit, what you view on the page, and website browsing paths.
- Information that you enter when registering on our website, such as your email address.
- Information you enter when creating a profile on our website – for example, your name, profile pictures, gender, date of birth, marital status, interests and hobbies, educational status, and job details.
- Information you enter while using the services on our website.
- Information about anything you buy, services you use, or transactions you make through our website, including your name, address, phone number, email address and credit card details.
- Information contained in any communications you send to us by email or via our website, including shared content and metadata.
- Any other personal information you submit to us.
Before you disclose personal information about another person to us, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this Policy.
- Use of your personal information
Personal information submitted to us via our website is used for the purposes described in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Managing our website and business online.
- Customize our website to be more convenient for you.
- Enable you to use the services available on our website.
- Providing services purchased through our website.
- Send statements, invoices, and push notifications to you, and collect payments from you.
- Send you commercial, non-marketing messages.
- Send you email notifications that you have specifically requested to be sent to you.
- Send you our email newsletter, if you have requested it (you can inform us at any time if you no longer need the subscription).
- Send you marketing communications related to our business or the businesses of carefully selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you, by post or, if you have specifically agreed, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer need these marketing communications).
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users (however, these third parties will not be able to identify users of that information themselves).
- Dealing with inquiries and complaints made by you or submitted to us about you on our website.
- Protect our website from fraud and maintain its security.
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of our Website (including monitoring private messages sent via our Website messaging service).
- Other uses.
If you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
Your privacy settings can be used to limit the dissemination of your information on our website and can be modified using the privacy controls on the website.
We will not provide any third party, without your express consent, your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing.
- Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurance companies, professional advisors, agents, suppliers or subcontractors as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group companies (that is, our subsidiaries, the parent holding company and all of its subsidiaries) to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- As much as we are required to do by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or potential legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and credit risk reduction).
- To the purchaser (or potential purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or intend to) sell.
- Any person we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information, in our reasonable discretion, and such court or authority would reasonably be able to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- Retention or Deletion of personal information
- This section sets out our data retention policies and procedures, which are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations regarding the retention and deletion of personal information.
- Personal information that we process for any purpose may not be retained for longer than is necessary for that purpose.
If you would like to make a request to access, review, correct or delete your personal data or to discuss how we process it, please contact us at (email here please.
To help protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as requiring a password or user ID, before granting you access to your personal data. We will make reasonable attempts to promptly investigate, comply with or otherwise respond to your requests as required by applicable law. Depending on the circumstances and the request made, various laws may prevent us from giving you access to your personal data or otherwise fully complying with your request, for example, if providing your information could reveal the identity of another person.
- Security of your personal information
- We pledge to take reasonable technical and organizational precautions to prevent loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- We pledge to store all personal information you provide on our secure servers.
- All electronic financial transactions made through our website are protected by encryption technology.
- You acknowledge that you agree to this Policy knowing that transmission of information over the Internet is inherently unsecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted over the Internet.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password you use to access our website. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to our website).
- Are Children Allowed to Use Code Guru Services?
Code Guru does not sell products for purchase by children. We sell children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use Code Guru Services only with the involvement of a parent or guardian.
If you have any questions as to how we collect and use your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Many of our Code Guru Services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your information is being used.